Information for people wanting to join a walk
“Non-members are welcome
to join us.”
All walks are listed in our Walks Programme.
Walks not starting from railway stations will include a 6-digit ordinance survey national grid reference number with a 3-digit ‘explorer’ map reference number.
Walking has been proved to be an excellent form of exercise and the experience can be enhanced by walking with a warm and friendly group.
Once you decide, after two or three walks with us, that you wish to come regularly, all we ask is that you join the Ramblers Association.
Doing this means that your annual subscription (currently £36.60/£25.60 per annum) can be used to ensure that footpaths remain open and that more access to the countryside is made available
However we would ask you to take note of the following few rules which have been laid out for everyone's safety.
- Always follow the advice and instructions of the walk leader. Please remember every care is taken in planning walks, but we cannot accept any liability, and participation is entirely at your own risk.
- Only registered assistance dogs in harness are permitted on group walks.
- Most walks are in rural areas and people who are only used to walking on surfaced paths without obstacles may find them more demanding than they expect. If unsure of your fitness level, try a short and easy walk first. It is much better to find a walk a little too slow and easy to start with than to make yourself miserable and exhausted. Walk Grades
- Please ensure that you have suitable footware and clothing and bring some food and drink. Walk leaders may refuse to accept anyone considered inadequately equipped.
- Never walk in front of the walk leader and always keep up with the walking group. Should you find that you are unable to cope with the distance or pace required inform the leader so that alternative arrangements can be made.